Where to recycle compact fluorescent light bulbs

The Environmental Protection Agency has a useful page on its web site:  “Mercury-Containing Light Bulb (Lamp) Collection and Recycling Programs Where You Live“. Recycling programs are not available in all areas. According to the EPA:
Some household hazardous waste collection programs only collect these items once or twice a year, so residents will have to hold on to their light bulbs until the collection takes place.
The EPA fails to mention the best option for recycling your used compact fluorescent light bulbs:  send them to Washington! The address of EPA headquarters in Washington is:
Environmental Protection Agency Ariel Rios Building 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Washington, DC 20460
Send your light bulbs to Washington!  They’re the experts.  They’ll know what to do.
This entry was posted in Environmental Concerns, Mercury and Health and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply